About one hundred and fifty people gathered in the Plaza Francisco Rabal for the assembly of the residents of Alpedrete.
The assembly commenced with the proposals that are being debated and reviewed in Sol (see pertinent web pages) in order to examine the current situation and functioning of the 15 May Movement regarding the transmitting and participation via Internet, as well as the programming of assemblies and concentrations.
The main points are as follows:
- Principal web pages of the Madrid Movement: http:madrid.tomalaplaza.net/ and http://madrid.tomalosbarrios.net/;
- Social web of the Movement https://n-1.cc/
- Mailing address of the Alpedrete assembly for adherence to the movement and for receiving news.
The established working groups were alloted their turns to speak, (education, culture and sports, health, communications), informing of their present activities.
- A consensus and approval was reached on all the points made by the District Comission of Sol, in anticipation of the Popular Assembly of Madrid, Sunday 12th June.
- It was called for the resignation of the Conseller de Interior de la Generalitat, Felpe Puig, as the person of maximun reponsability for the police action in Barcelona.
- Participation in the Demonstration of 19th June, “Toma las Calles”.
- Periodical acts and concentrations in Sol, once the “camp-out” has concluded.
- Reform of the electoral law.
- Participation of local residents in the general assemblies.
- Measure for combatting orders of expulsion through mortgages.
- Setting up of a comission of dynamics (based on current models of other assemblies, in order to increase the flow and imporve the developement of the village assemblies.
- Presence at the General Assembly of 11th June, in the Cultural Centre of Alpedrete. This will be carried out in silence and with written slogans, such as “assembly in the afternoon”, thus giving a chance for workers to be present.
- Establish the necessary mechanisms to obtain afternoon assemblies, with turns for speakers from among the local residents. Signed petitions will be drawn up in order to be transferred to popular referendum, if needed.
- Participation in the concentration facing Parliament on 19th June., joining the west column, leaving from Templo de Debod at 11 a.m. For general information on this protest march, see http://marchasanticrisis.wordpress.com
- Each comission was assigned a place on the web page.
- New working groups for environment and economy were formed.
- Work groups and comissions must hold public assemblies, when possible in the open. For ths, an open mail should be sent to the assembly, stating day, place and time of same.
- Speakers and helpers for the assembly of districts in Sol were nominated.
- The next assembly was agreed on for Saturday 18th June at midday in Parque de las Columnas. The dynamics comission wll decide where the following assembly will take place.
- The comission for education, health and communications presented an account of their work. No concrete proposal was made.
Other proposals that were not followed by a consensus and which will be included in the following assemblies are:
- To make and distribute a pin of identity for the participants.
- A sale of books previously donated to the district assemblies, in order to help finance activities. This is to be organized by the dynamics comission of the assemblies.